Pleasant Hill (Loco)
Nacogdoches County, TX
Status: Located
Year Established: Unknown
Council of Governments: DETCOG
Public History: Pleasant Hill, also known as the Bogg, a rural community located at the intersection of Farm Roads 2664 and 2864 twelve miles north of Nacogdoches in northern Nacogdoches County, was settled prior to the Civil War. A log church was constructed around 1860. The name Pleasant Hill came into common usage after the Civil War, but locals sometimes refer to the area as the Bogg after a small pond nearby. In 1904 a school for Black children had an enrollment of forty-three, and a school for White children had an enrollment of forty. A town did not begin to grow up until 1906 when the Caro Northern Railway was built through the area. A four-room schoolhouse was built in 1914. In the mid-1930s Pleasant Hill had the two schools, two churches, and a number of houses. In the early 1990s Pleasant Hill was a dispersed community; it had two churches, a community center, and a grocery store. Though no population figures were available in 2000, approximately 100 families lived in the area.
Community History: There are no current community descriptions of Pleasant Hill. Please consider sharing your own knowledge of the community with us.
Cemetery: Pleasant Hill #1
School: Pleasant Hill School